Friday, September 12, 2008

Warning: YARAD (Yet Another Rant About Driving)

Right I've been working on an actual quality post for the last couple days, but that'll have to wait.

Dear Dude driving in the fast lane...

I consider myself to be a safe driver, if one who prefers to drive a bit faster than one probably should. That being said I've always a few ground rules that I am meticulous about when driving.

The one that applies to this case is this, the left lane, oft referred to as the fast lane is for people who want to drive fast. As such the bare minimum speed to drive in this lane is the actual posted speed limit... (Side Note: As such as long as someone is at LEAST driving the speed limit I'll cut them a break even if they are in the fast lane.) Having said all that, allow me to continue my rant...

I understand that, despite having state tags you may not be from this area and thus you may not be familiar with the area and as such may have missed that rather large 55 miles an hour sign that was RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. (Okay deep breath) I also know that the big field used for the equestrians when they have a horse show going on is really interesting, though I would think that it might be more so when there is actually something going on rather then a big empty field. Even though it's on the RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD and NOT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD KNOWN AS THE FAST LANE (Sorry).

So even taking all of that under consideration, you were passed by a SCHOOL BUS! That's right the big yellow cheese wagon with LIMITERS was going faster than you! And the final problem I had was after the long uphill climb (during which you finally eclipsed said school bus) you did not get out of the fast lane, no you decided to once again slow down and let them catch up... I'm just grateful that the school bus driver noticed my obvious ire, (Perhaps the fact I was banging my head into my window was an indication) and allowed me to pass.

By the way have you ever noticed that anyone who drives faster than you is an idiot and anyone who drives slower is a moron?




*No I did not actually bang my head into the window, nor did I do anything else to actually indicate that I was ready to run someone off the road this morning, if anything I'm rather proud of myself for NOT getting offensive in my driving, it was however extremely frustrating to be passed by a school bus...

No comments: