Saturday, August 22, 2009

Slight Edge Nugget #1

I'm catching up on some of my reading, and one of the books I'm in at the moment is The Slight Edge, phenomenal book that I highly recommend, wanted to share something I just read out of it.

And I'm paraphrasing a bit, but the point remains:

Making the right decisions, doing the right actions is easy to do. It's also easy not to do; It's the waking up at 5:30 to exercise, or hit snooze and go back to sleep (Guilty), it's the pack a healthy lunch, or hit a fast food joint at noon (Erp, guilty again), it's taking 15 minutes to sit down with a good book (besides THE Good Book), or switching on the news for a quick update.

Little things! No big deal right? you won't see a difference for doing, or not doing anything I just mentioned....

Today.

Probably not tomorrow either, let's not kid ourselves the obese kid who's parent are suing McDonalds for him being overweight didn't eat a single Big Mac and gain 200 pounds, it was little decisions daily about food intake and exercise that compounded over time to bring us to the end result that we now look at today. Just like that, those decisions we make daily compound over time to deliver the life that WE have created for ourselves.

We can make the slight edge work for us or IT WILL work against us.

So there it is, one little nugget out of... well I have no idea how many more, I'm only 5 chapters in and lost count of the amount of places I've highlights, or that have made me set the book down for a bit to think about what I just read.



The Slight Edge is written by Jeff Olsen and published by SUCCESS BOOKS.

No comments: