Wednesday, November 28, 2007

East of Eden, (or Fruits and Faith)

Okay, so here's the deal I have pounds to shed. By shed I mean loose, and by loose I mean purge never to be seen again. (Especially after Thanksgiving, anyone else running into that?) It's not like it takes a phd in rocket science to figure out how to loose weight, consume less calories, increase body's burning of said calories. One of the more culturally accepted manner is to eat more vegetables and less fast food, whilst adapting to, or developing an exercise regime.

Let me tackle the last part first, exercise, as a drummer I consider myself moderately active, but I'm starting to wake up an hour earlier in the morning so I have time to actually "Work Out" as it were. So that's not much a problem a small matter of personal discipline is all.

Where said personal discipline (for me anyway) often flies out the window is on the subject of food. Food is a major issue for my whole family, (And not just the normal spread either, our family loves food culture in general). Now I'm not a grazer (who eats constantly) nor do I eat past the point I'm full, I do however have a particular unhealthy affection for food stuffs that have been fried deep in fat (more commonly known as deep fat fried).

While I do like a nice salad here and there and love my fresh fruits... I'm sorry but the flavor just doesn't compare to a nice juicy cheeseburger! (Which is not deep fat fried, but I digress, regardless it's still unhealthy).

Thus I come to my next point, has anyone else ever wondered what life was like in the Garden of Eden? I mean scripture says "trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food" so did they have fruits (Or vegetables) that tasted like, say pepperoni pizza?

Before you write this off as the crazed ramblings of a (soon to be) fast food deprived mind, consider this, Adam and Eve sinned against God by eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Now from my world view as a Christ follower I accept the following, God created the Heavens and the earth, and everything on the earth in six days, he made a tree, a TREE that eating it's fruit gave the person who ate it knowledge of good and evil.

I accept all of that, (And honestly I still find it much more believable than evolution but that's another debate for a much longer post), having accepted all that, does a fruit that tastes like pizza sound so difficult to accept?

Lunch break is over so I must return to work, how fun.

Current Stats:
Listening to: You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban
Reading: The Ant and the Elephant (You'd think I'd have finished this by now)
Watching: Nothing at the moment

No comments: