Friday, December 28, 2007

Creating an Environment

So let's start at the very beginning (it's a very good place to start). I started this post immediately following my last post regarding Simply Christmas eve service. Because to someone who doesn't understand the vision I would imagine they're wondering why in the world a bunch of people would spend collectively 297 hours over a 24 hour period? So why do we do what we do at Lifepoint, why do we have people showing up at 6:00am on a Sunday mornings and then spend several hours working?

Have you ever heard the story of the three men laying bricks? They were asked during their labor what they were doing. The first replied, I'm making fifteen dollars an hour, The second replied I'm laying bricks, but the third man replied, "I'm building an amazing cathedral"

So first what we do: We're creating an environment conducive (big word for me) to learn about, and accept the message and gift of Salvation through Jesus the Christ. Everyone is preaching the gospel in the best way they know how through the talents and gifts that they have, it can vary from directing traffic to worshiping on the stage. (I had a much longer part earlier regarding every team, but I was a) bound to leave someone out, and b) probably boring you the reader). I suppose a term that would work well here Synergy, the whole of the team working in unison is greater than the sum of the individual parts.

And why we do it? To see lives changed for God's glory. Or as I like to put it, to change forever, someone's eternal destination.

~Matthew Furukawa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome!! You get it completely...so glad your on the team!!