Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day 2

While yesterday was extra early as we had the meeting I had more trouble today getting myself up to do this. If I can make it through a solid week I think I'll manage the 21 days needed to form the habit.

Quiet time This morning took me through Galatians 4,5 and 6, The the re-occuring theme in my last (well first?) two days of quiet time seems to be that sin is bondage, slavery, a yoke around us, while Christ offers us Freedom.

Towards the end of chapter five the scripture talks about the fruits of the spirit, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

My prayer is that I live my life rich with the fruits of the spirit, Lord that You would help me live my freedom without the sinful nature and that I would not deceive myself, and that my life be spent sowing to please you God.

Exercise this morning was upper body and thankfully kept short as I am on a time crunch. (I didn't hurt myself, but another 15 minutes or so and I probably would have).

Hopefully I'll have a more substantial posting here later today.
~Matt

No comments: