Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 3

Today was much better than yesterday as far diving into the Word goes.

I read this morning Philippians 1&2, I think God knew I needed a boost. 1:6 was something I had to be reminded of, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. I mean wow, knowing that God is going to see us through everything we may face until out work is done, or Christ comes back, that just gave me a much needed boost. (Especially knowing that Paul was in prison at this point? I think,)

Chapter 2 has amazing insight on humility and unity, but what really grabbed my attention even on my first pass through, was 14-15 " 14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe" We look at society now and consider it the same as Paul did now, Steve Fee said it well in one of his songs, "In the darkest place we shine!"

Edit: did lower body today (yesterday was upper)

No comments: