Thursday, May 8, 2008

Drive Update #5

Well I'm home.
And the trip back was an adventure.
I'll take full responsability as I was the one driving but I got lost coming back from Atlanta. (The directions said turn RIGHT onto 85, there were NO right's onto frickin 85!)

So about an hour later we finally get back on the way after taking a round about.

And yes I endured merciless taunting from the back seat driver who were unwilling and unable to take the wheel.

So we finally stop for dinner... at some place called Zakby's which is apparently one of Pastor's favorite places. The food was good, the issue was...

Brake issues. We noticed when I went to slow down at a stop light had the brakes to the floor and every was asking.. hey are you gonna slow down for the red light? (I did stop in time). So during/after dinner we're trying to get the van fixed, mind you it's 7 at night so NO garage is open.

We tried adding brake fluid (it was low) didn't seem to help much. We callaed around for rentals, nothing. We prayed over the van and tried again, bing, brakes are once again working, so we piled back into the van and resumed the journey hom, (This time with Josh behind the wheel).

We made it home around 3 in the morning, with David taking the final shift at the wheel, and in all honesty he somehow managed to shave off somewhere between 1 and half an hour.

Well I (along with a couple other of the guys who went down) had their allergies hit hard down in the dirty south, and I'm still recovering so the long posts will have to wait till later.

Having said all that, I will add that the last sessions of Drive were blow-me/you-away amazing. More from my notes after the break.

No comments: